The Huawei Mate 30 Pro doesn't come with Google apps or services out of the box. But that doesn't mean you can't install them on your own device after the fact. It's pretty easy to restore most, but not all of the apps and features you'd get from a certified Google Android device. This means whether you're planning on importing the Chinese version of the device, or you eventually pick up the Western version when it's available, you'll have a much more familiar experience. Here's how to do it.
How to install Google Play to Huawei Mate 30 Pro
- Open the stock ‘Browser’ or alternatively sideload the Chrome APK (does not need Google Play Services to operate)
- Go to the following website for Google Play service assistant: https://www.lzplay.net/
- Hit the big blue button to download the Google Services Framework installer
- Allow the Google Services Assistant installer to install all of the necessary files and frameworks.
- Once the Google Play Store is installed, run the application.
- At this point, you may encounter issues being able to sign in. Simply restart your device and re-launch.
- Sign-in and install any Google apps (note: you do not need to install all Google apps should you not require them).